When it comes to considering a wood floor for your home of office there are many factors. Not only that but there are a lot of misinformation about hardwood floors out there. We have put together some of our thoughts on these to help you be better informed about many of the myths surrounding wood floors.
1. Wood floors are too expensive. Even though the upfront cost on wood floors is sometimes higher, it will typically last much longer than other products. Most wood floors will last 10-15 years before they need replacing.
2. They are hard to maintain. Wood Floors are easy to maintain with by sweeping and or using a dust mop. From time to time you may also use a wood cleaner recommend by the installer to bring back the luster.
3. Wood floors can scratch easily. Most wood floors will take a scratch from during their lifetime, but most of these are in the surface and can be easily repaired. Even if you have a deep scratch a repair can be made.
4. Wood floors are bad for the environment. Most wood floors are made from renewable resources and the very green buyer can consider flooring like engineered wood or bamboo to help do their part to save the planet.
5. Wood floors do not hold up to heavy traffic, kids or pets. This comes down to picking the right wood floor for your situation. Most floors will have a hardness listed and the higher the number the more durable the flooring is. If you are in one of these situations look for a harness rating of 3500 or higher so it will minimize the wear and tear on your floor.
We hope that this short list of a few thing that will separate wood floors form the other flooring types. You need to be careful to find a great installer that understands your lifestyle needs and can help you pick the best wood floor for your situation. Be sure to check out all the great options in wood floors must offer. With cork, bamboo, engineered wood and so many different color options available in the market you are sure to find the perfect fit for you.